10 Inspirational Ideas from Art Basel's Artists

7:39 AM mydecolab 16 Comments

The international art fair ‘Art Basel’ was in Hong Kong in May. An ecstatic moment for art lovers, but also an occasion to take a fresh look at objects around us. While exploring the fair, we selected 10 creations made with everyday objects, that we could reproduce at home…

1. Cassettes




Gregor Hildebrandt
Romy Schneider portrait, Plastic cassettes in wooden case.



2. Wooden Rulers


Ruler – Ni Youyu
Old-school wooden rulers, create modernity with ancient objects.



3. Brass Frames


Modulor – Nadia Kaabi-Linke
Brass frames on an anthracite grey wall to create an Art Deco effect.



4. Lampshades


Rose-Marie – Andrew Miller
Lampshades piled up around a neon to create an original column.



5. Crates


Caixa series – Sérgio Sister
Well-known by decoration lovers, crates are also exposed in famous art galleries.



6. Neons


Wenhua = Ziben (Culture = Commodity) – Alfredo Jaar
Writing + Light + Message + Color.




7. Wallpaper


Between Red – Sea Hyun Lee
Like a Jouy wall covering, customized with paint.



8. Photographs 


Yee I Lann – Each picture's caption engages the spectator into the scene.
Remove the decor to focus on the essence.



9. Polaroids



Yellow Sliding – Marco Maggi
A graphic work with colored and chiselled polaroids.



10. Adapters


Adapt Adapter 2 – Chen Sai Hua Kuan
Or how to take a new look at your adapters!



You Might Also Like

16 comments:

  1. As a world-wide leader in industrial coatings and spray-on truck bed liners, ArmorThane offers a full line of top quality polyurethane and polyurea coatings and high-tech spraying equipment and supplies. Our professionally-applied pure and hybrid polyurethane and polyurea formulas are extremely durable, flexible and safe. Bedliner

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice article admin thanks for share your atricle keep share your knowledge i am waiting for your new post check long sleeve shirts girls polo shirts kindly review and reply me

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am very happy to see this post because it really a nice post. Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  4. It’s really a nice and useful piece of info. I’m glad that you shared this helpful information with us. Please keep us informed like this. Thanks for sharing.Bargain Sites Melbourne

    ReplyDelete
  5. Get the latest home decor ideas and crafting tips. Buy best home decoration & kitchen accessories, bathroom accessories online here.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I get pleasure from, lead to I discovered just what I used to be having a look for. You've ended my 4 day lengthy hunt! God Bless you man. Have a nice day. metal wall art wholesale

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for this wonderful information. want to buy designer and unique lamps Then you must check them out by clicking these links below.

    Buy Designer & creative lamps Online

    Buy Designer Table lamps Online

    ReplyDelete
  8. It’s really a nice and useful piece of info. I’m glad that you shared this helpful information with us. Please keep us informed like this. Thanks for sharing.
    Easy Home Decor Ideas

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for this wonderful information. want to buy designer and unique lamps Then you must check them out by clicking these links below.
    home decoration

    ReplyDelete
  10. I loved as much as you'll receive performed proper here. The sketch is attractive, your authored subject matter stylish. nonetheless, you command get got an nervousness over that you wish be turning in the following. ill definitely come further beforehand again as exactly the same nearly very ceaselessly within case you defend this increase.coupon sites australia


    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi there, You have performed an incredible job. I will definitely digg it and in my opinion suggest to my friends. I am sure they'll be benefited from this website.metal wall art wholesale

    ReplyDelete
  12. I just could not depart your website before suggesting that I really enjoyed the standard information a person provide for your visitors? Is gonna be back often to check up on new posts. Bargain Sites Melbourne

    ReplyDelete

  13. Our Stair Tread Covers make Stairs and Steps Safer. Shop Anti Slip Stair Tread Covers Now From Our Vast Range Of Floor Safety Products.

    ReplyDelete
  14. The subsequent time I read a weblog, I hope that it doesnt disappoint me as much as this one. I mean, I do know it was my choice to read, however I really thought youd have something interesting to say. All I hear is a bunch of whining about one thing that you can repair for those who werent too busy on the lookout for attention.wholesale beach decor

    ReplyDelete